What candidates will be on the ballot for Governor this year?
- Mark Begich
- Mike Dunleavy
- Bill Walker
- Billy Toien
What does Governor Walker’s decision to suspend his campaign mean for the election?
- It means he is no longer running for Governor, but his name will still appear on the ballot — it’s too late for the Division of Elections to print new ballots
Has Governor Walker endorsed another candidate?
- Yes, Governor Walker has endorsed Mark Begich as the best candidate to move Alaska forward.
What happens if someone still votes for Governor Walker?
- Their vote still counts for Walker. They don’t get a chance to transfer their vote to another candidate, and Walker’s votes aren’t transferred to another candidate.
What happens if I already returned my absentee ballot and voted for Governor Walker? Can I change my vote?
- Unfortunately, you cannot change your vote. Once you have sent in your absentee ballot, you cannot change your selection.
When can I vote?
- You can cast your vote early, starting October 22, all the way until Election Day, Tuesday, November 6.
I don’t know if I’m a registered voter. How can I check?
Where can I go to vote early?
- Almost every community has at least one early voting location, You can click on this link for a full list of early vote (also called absentee in-person) locations and the hours they’re open.
- You should look closely, because the early vote location may not be the same place you normally go to vote!
Why would I want to vote early?
- We encourage you to vote early so that if something comes up in your life on Election Day that prevents you from getting to the polls, your vote will already be guaranteed.
- Vote early and come volunteer with our campaign to help spread the word and move Alaska to a stronger future!
What if I can’t get to the polls?
- If you need a ride to the polls, CALL US — we will get you there. You can reach the campaign office at 907-744-5656. If the line is busy, please leave a message with your name and number and we will get back to you.
- You can also request an absentee ballot to vote by mail
Can I vote by mail?
- Yes, but time is running out to request your ballot if you haven’t already. If you want to request to vote by mail, you can click on this link. Your request must be received by October 27 so the Division can mail you your ballot.
- When returning your ballot, it must be post-marked by November 6.
Can I vote online?
- Yes you can, beginning October 22, and you can request an online ballot until 5 PM on Monday, November 5.
- Click on this link to learn more about online voting and to request your online ballot.